Identifying Talent, Enterpreneurship Solutions
How many of us feel they have a million Dollar Employee with them?
Evaluate your team performance by identifying your key players
We handhold start-ups in hiring the right talent and streamlining their HR Processes.
An important trait of any leader is to identify talent within their organization. Let’s start evaluating your team by two parameters –
Let’s start with Competency
Competency Attributes – Do they have the skill to perform the role given to them
Do they have the knowledge to perform the task assigned and the most important is attitude of an employee in completing the job deliverables.
Commitment – Employees who perform their task diligently assigned to them.
Let’s bifurcate these set of employees in 3 groups A, B & C
- A Player – High on Commitment and High on Competency
- B Player – High on Commitment and Low on Competency
- C Player – Low on Commitment and Low on Competency
Now after evaluating your employee’s strength you can easily allot the task to maximize the output. Accepting your employees as a solution can be the best course of action to deal with this competitive market.
Stuck in the trap of wrong hiring
In above video of identifying talents, we talked about Traditional way of interviewing and Competency based interviews. Lets throw light and analyse how effective would be Competency based interviews in comparison with Traditional way of interviewing. There are different competencies which one might want to test in a candidate during the interview process. Lets analyse –
- You are looking for a Problem-solving competency
- Tell me about a time when you had to identify the underlying causes to a problem.
- Describe a time when you analysed a problem and generated a solution.
- Client Focus
- Give an example how you provided service to a client beyond their expectations? How did you respond?
- Team work
- Tell me about a time when you worked successfully as a member of a team.
- Describe a situation where you were successful in getting people to work together effectively.
- Result Oriented
- Tell me about a time when you improved the way things were typically done on a job.
- Describe something you have done to improve the performance of your work unit.
- Give an example of a difficult or sensitive situation that required extensive communication.
- Tell me about a time when you really had to pay attention to what someone else was saying actively seeking to understand their message.
These are set of questions pertaining to competencies which will simplify your process to hire a right candidate with right skill set which fits your requirement. Do try these questions and let me know if these helped you simplify the process of hiring.
Clutter To Clarity
Learn the importance of Role Clarity by our industry Experts and consulting Ninja.